Very few women are lucky enough to have a natural hourglass figure. With improvement in technologies, there are a few creams and lotions as well as surgical choices that can help you get a bigger butt and bigger hips to create the curves you want. However, these choices are costly and also come with side effects. Obviously, there are padded panties, however they look a bit like grannie panties, right?
If you want to get a curvy body the natural way, it is definitely attainable. Two things are important: exercise and a great diet.
Without a good diet plan, you will not be able to build muscle. Without exercise, you will not see results, and furthermore, you may start gaining weight.
Here are some of the ways to get a bigger butt and wider hips fast and naturally.
#1. Side Lunges
Any type of lunges are good for your butt and hips. However, the side lunge is a little bit more effective because it uses the muscles in your hips.
This kind of lunge also allows you to work your glutes and thighs, while targeting the major muscles of the lower body. Plus, side lunges limit the impact on the knees.
- Stand straight with your feet and knees together.
- If comfortable, hold a set of dumbbells.
- Take a large step with your right foot to the right side.
- Slowly lunge toward the flooring, without the right knee extending past your toes and keeping your left leg relatively straight.
- Now, push off using your right foot to return to the standing position.
- Repeat the same process with the other side.
- Do 3 sets of 10 on each side.
- Repeat this exercise 3 times a week.
Note: Remember to keep your back and upper body straight, and don’t bend your knees too much.
#2. Dumbbell Squats
Squats are one of the best exercises for wider hips. They target the inner and outer hips, promoting muscle growth in those areas.
Apart from increasing your hip size, crouches also tone your thigh muscles. There are different types of squats, but dumbbell squats are the most effective.
- Stand straight, holding a set of dumbbells with your arms extended next to your sides and your palms facing inward.
- Keep your head up, brace your abs, push your hips back and flex your knees.
- Slowly lower your body into a squat, with your hands remaining next to your sides.
- Hold this position for a few seconds.
- Then, push back up to the starting position.
- Repeat 10 to 15 times or more as recommended by your trainer.
- Do this exercise 3 times a week.
Note: Keep your abs tight throughout the exercise to stabilize your spine.
This easy workout, which includes just basic stepping up and down, works for developing a number of muscles in your lower body, including your major butt muscle– the gluteus maximus. It also helps keep the muscles in your legs toned.
- Place a sturdy step or bench in front of you.
- Stand near it with your back, legs and arms straight, feet hip-width apart.
- With an exhale, step up onto the center of the step with your right leg and keep the other leg behind you for balance.
- Inhale and slowly bend your right knee, then step back down to finish one round.
- Do 5 to 10 rounds with one leg, then change to the other leg.
- Do this exercise for at least 20 minutes daily.
To make the exercise more effective, you can also hold weights (barbells or dumbbells) in each hand with your palms facing your body.
#4. Basic Donkey Kicks
For wider hips, another effective exercise is the basic donkey kick. As this easy exercise strengthens your gluteus muscles, it helps you enjoy bigger buttocks, too.
- Get down on a mat on your hands and knees.
- Keeping your head straight, place your hands below your shoulders and keep your knees and hips lined up.
- Now, lift your right leg up, keeping the rest of the body as it is.
- Stretch your foot as much as you can, without moving your body.
- Go back to the starting position.
- Do the same steps with the left leg.
- Do a minimum of 8 repetitions on both legs.
- Do this exercise at least 3 times a week.
#5. Butt Lift (Bridge)
This strength-training exercise targets the muscles of your butts and lower back to keep them toned and in shape.
- Lie flat on your back on the floor.
- Keep your hands by your sides and your knees bent, with your feet about shoulder-width apart and flat on the floor.
- With an exhale, gently raise your hips off the floor, while keeping your back straight.
- Hold your hips up for a few seconds.
- With an inhale, slowly lower your hips to the floor.
- Repeat 8 to 10 times.
- Do this 2 or 3 times a week.
When you are comfortable doing this exercise, do it while holding one leg up in the air.
#6. Chair Pose
In this workout, you essentially sit in a chair but without the chair. It works out your butt muscles to give your butts a good round shape. It is also effective at strengthening your core muscles (glutes).
- Stand straight with your feet touching each other.
- Lift your arms up, with your palms touching each other.
- With an exhale, bend your knees and bring your whole upper body weight into your heel while bending.
- Stay in this position for 10 seconds and take deep breaths.
- Inhale and come back to the starting position.
- Do this exercise for a minimum of 1 to 2 minutes daily together with other workouts to tighten your glutes.
You can always consult a trainer to learn more exercises that can help make your butt bigger and hips wider fast.
Diet Tips For A Bigger Butt And Wider Hips
Along with exercise, you also need to concentrate on your diet. When exercise is combined with a healthy diet, you will get results quickly.
- High quality, protein-rich foods are very beneficial to boost any function of your body. Some good alternatives include fish, poultry, lean red meat, whey, beans, beans and eggs.
- Enjoy a protein shake after you workout to ensure your muscles repair and build properly.
- Eat foods that are very rich in minerals and vitamins to help your body digest protein properly. Such foods include mixed nuts, leafy green vegetables, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, quinoa, oatmeal and berries.
- No matter what, you need to drink an adequate quantity of water to keep your body well hydrated.